Wednesday, March 9, 2011

3/7/11

3/7/11
Monday

Devendra Banhart - "I Feel Just Like a Child"


8:54am-
Going to do PA work at a shoot downtown. Joe told me about it. I won't get paid, but, free food. And PA is the easiest. Like hanging out.
You get what you pay for.
First time I stopped and got coffee from the truck on my corner. 75 cents. Not bad.

9:27am-
Text from Joe. Call time has been changed to 11.
....And I'm already down town.

12:24pm-
These guys have no idea what they're doing.
But, I knew that from the make shift call sheet.
But I didnt expect them to lose the keys to the van before we even got the first shot set up...!

3:39pm-
Joe coathangered the window and we found the keys in the van.
Just in time to leave, too.

3:55pm-
At the next location.
It's a very nice looking bar/restaurant. Closed so we can shoot. I guess.

4:25pm-
Hauling stuff from the van a block away.
We loaded up a huge dolly and let Zack push it across the street while we carried handfuls of other stuff.
I come out of the bar to go get more stuff and see Zack at the corner holding a plate of cheesecake and a fork while an old guy is maneuvering the dolly up the curb.
I walk up to him... "Well, how did THIS happen??!"

4:34pm-
Oh yeah, were left alone in a bar.
Ther director/producer pours a round of Jameson for everyone.
I tell Joe that if I've learned nothing else, I definitely remember Neil expressly saying to not let your crew drink on set. Just a bad idea.
(Unless youre part of the crew.)

4:41pm-
After shots, everyone grabs a free beer and gets back to setting up lights.

5pm - 10pm-
Yeah. Everyone is drunk. And trying to make a movie. Best shoot I've been on in a while.

7:43pm-
Make friends with two beautiful girls. They ask for my number. Not cause their into me, but because I talked to them for 30 minutes about the way pants fit their body types and why and now they really want to go shipping with me. Haha... Oh Zane...

10:58pm-
In the subway with Joe.
Some random people listening to a guitarist and upright bassist, "give em some change..!! It's America..!?!"
I toss my change in their case. "yeah.... ok. It's America!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment